3 Days Mount Bisoke Hike
3 Days Mount Bisoke hike
3 Days Mount Bisoke hike is one of those amazing Rwanda Hiking Safari packages that travelers can book and experience the challenge of hiking. Spend 3 days in Rwanda exploring the West countryside and hike up one of the Virunga range mountains the Bisoke mountain. Also, visit the Iby’iwachu cultural village and have a cultural tour in the 3 days of this tour
Highlights of the 3 Days Mount Bisoke Hike
- Day 1: Kigali city tour and transfer to Musanze
- Day 2: Mount Bisoke hike
- Day 3: Dian Fossey fund Museum visit and back to Kigali
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Kigali city tour and transfer to Musanze
- Kigali city tour: Meet up with your driver-guide at the agreed pick up location in Kigali and share pleasantries, then set out for the 3 days safari in Kigali. You will have the first stop at the Kigali Genocide Memorial grounds for a visit and brief history of the 1994 Rwanda genocide. Connect further to the Kimironko market to get a chance to interact with the local people of Rwanda.
- Transfer to Musanze: Drive to Musanze for lunch and connect to the Iby’iwachu cultural village for the cultural experience of the Rwandan people. Connect to your hotel for check-in and dinner and night stay to rest for the next day’s activity. Accommodation choice will be according to the selected budget.
- Options: Hotel Muhabura for budget, Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge for midrange, 5 Volcanoes gorilla lodge for luxury
Day 2: Mount Bisoke hike
- Mount Bisoke hike: Have breakfast at the hotel you spent the night at and set out at the trailhead of Mount Bisoke to start on the hike. This hike takes about 5 hours until you reach the summit. Enjoy the breathtaking views from the top. There are a great number of birds that can be viewing along the trail. Descend the volcano and have lunch. Spend the evening at leisure. Have dinner and spend the second night at the hotel as the night before.
Day 3: Dian Fossey fund Museum visit and back to Kigali
- Dian Fossey fund museum and back to Kigali: Have breakfast at leisure and then check out of your hotel to meet your driver guide who will be waiting to drive you back to Kigali. You will take some time off to visit the Dian Fossey fund museum where you get to see the works of the late Gorilla woman and also some artifacts that carried meaning to her. This museum also has a 3D creation of the Virunga Mountains.
- Return to Kigali: Have lunch then continue on your drive back to Kigali arriving in the afternoon for drop off at your hotel or airport as you will advise. If you didn’t have the Kigali city tour on the first day, you may as well do it on this day before you part ways with your driver-guide.
End of 3 Days Mount Bisoke hike
- 4×4 Safari vehicle for all ground transfers
- Full-time English speaking guide
- Accommodation as described in the itinerary
- Meals throughout the trip
- Bottled water
- Permits/ fees for all activities in the itinerary
- Money transfer fees
- Visa fees
- International flights
- Personal needs like airtime, laundry, tips and alcoholic beverages.