2 Days Mount Karisimbi Hike Safari
2 Days Mount Karisimbi Hike Safari
2 Days Mount Karisimbi Hike Safari will offer rewarding experiences as you hike mount Karisimbi the 5th highest in Africa where you will have amazing experiences hiking the mountain, for example, you will get to see the neighbouring mountains that is Mount Mikeno in the north, Mount Bisoke in the east and Mount Nyiragongo where you will find the largest lava lake in the world in the west. Before taking part in mount Bisoke hike, you will get to participate in the Kigali city tour which will ensure you have a lifetime adventure getting to know about the culture of Rwanda as you visit the different sites in the country like the Kigali city tour where you will visit the presidential palace, Kigali genocide memorial museum among other sites which will ensure that you have a memorable experiences during your 2 days mount karisimbi hike safaris in the park.
Highlights of your 2 Days Mount Karisimbi Hike Safari
- Day 1: Arrival and transfer to volcanoes national park
- Day 2: Mount Karisimbi hike
Detailed itinerary for your trip
Day 1: Arrival and transfer to volcanoes national park
- Arrival and transfer to volcanoes: On day one of your 2 days mount karisimbi hike safari upon arrival in Rwanda at the Kigali international airport or a location of your choice in Kigali city, your guide for your safari a representative of our tour company will welcome you to Rwanda the land of 1000 hills which are evident all over the country offering exceptional rewarding views. Your guide will give you a briefing session of your 2 days mount karisimbi hike, the rules and regulations to follow for an amazing and safe activity in the park and during your stay in the country. After the briefing session your 2 days mount karisimbi hike safari will officially begin with a Kigali city tour which will offer amazing experiences as you get to learn more about the people of Rwanda for instance if you visit the Kigali genocide memorial museum you will understand more about the events that led to the occurrence of the 1994 Rwanda genocide as you visit the different exhibition areas in the museum which will give you an insight of what happened during the dark period in the country you will also visit the presidential palace where the plane of the then president of Rwanda Habyarimana Juvenale was shot down and this led to his death and this sparked the massive killings of the Tutsis and hence the 1994 Rwanda genocide. During the Kigali city tour you will also visit Kimironko market where you will purchase a number of products made by the locals for instance a number of African fabrics, souvenirs among other interesting products, fresh organic fruits and so on. At the end of your Kigali city tour, you will have lunch and make your way to Ruhengeri the home of volcanoes national park. On reaching the park you will transfer to your hotel for refreshments dinner and overnight stay. Alternatively in the evening you can participate in community walks in the Ibyiwacu village where you will understand more about the people of Rwanda through dance, cultural dishes, and cultural performances among other educative yet entertaining presentations.
Day 2: Mount Karisimbi hike
- Mount Karisimbi hike: On day two of your 2 days mount karisimbi hike safari, after an early morning breakfast at your hotel, you will be picked by your guide for your safari in Rwanda, volcanoes national park who will transfer you to the park headquarters in order to take part in the mount karisimbi hike after participating in the briefing session where you will get to know more about the rules and regulations to follow during the activity for a safe activity in the park. You will embark on your journey to karisimbi mountain where you will get rewarding experiences as you watch a number of attractions like along the different hiking trails on the mountain. Among the different attractions that can be seen include; bird species like; the blue turaco, Ross’s turaco, coqui Francolin, long tailed cisticola, bubbling cisticola, Miombo wren warbler, Chubb’s cisticola Archers ground robin, red faced woodland warbler, Ruwenzori double collared sunbird and many bird species, while hiking, you will get to see where Dian Fossey established her research station in Rwanda where she based to carry out the conservation of the endangered mountain gorillas in Rwanda.
- If you are lucky enough, you will also get to see the habituated gorilla families on the slopes of the mountain like the Susa gorilla family, you will get to see a number of primates in the trees swinging from one tree branch to another and these may include the vervet monkey, mona monkey, black and white colobus monkey, golden monkeys among other monkey species at the end of your hiking adventure on the mountain, you will head back to your starting point where you will be picked by your guide and drop you off at a location of your choice in Kigali city or Kigali international airport and the end of your 2 days mount karisimbi hike safari.
- Pickup and drop off in Kigali
- An English speaking guide
- Entrance permits
- bottled water
- 4X4 safari vehicle and Fuel
- All transport costs as per the trip
- An armed ranger
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses
- Telephone calls/ costs
- Rwanda visa fees
- Activities that are not included on the itinerary