3 Days Mountain Gorilla Habituation safari flying option
3 Days mountain gorilla habituation safari package is an ideal safari package for mountain gorilla lovers as it offers it offers tourists with more time to be with the mountain gorillas, Bwindi impenetrable national park is the only tourist destination in the world where mountain gorilla habituation experience is offered and it is done in Rushaga gorilla family. This experience offers 4 hours of being in the presence of mountain gorillas and you get to take part in feeding them and noticing their behavior.
This safari is flying option and domestic flights are offered by aero link from either Kajjansi airstrip or Entebbe international airport to Kisoro or kihihi airstrip.
Highlights of the 3 Days mountain gorilla habituation safari flying option
- Day 1: fly from Kampala to Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Day 2: mountain gorilla habituation experience
- Day 3: fly back to Kampala
Detailed itinerary of the safari
Day 1: Fly to Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Fly to Bwindi impenetrable national park: On the 1st day of the 3 Days Mountain Gorilla Habituation safari flying option you will be picked from your hotel in Kampala after breakfast, go for a short city tour in Kampala visiting sites like kasubi tombs, Namirembe cathedral, Gadhafi mosquito depending on the time of your scheduled domestic flight to kisoro airstrip. After lunch you will drive to kajjansi airstrip or Entebbe airstrip for your flight to kisoro airstrip serving Bwindi impenetrable national park, these flights are offered by aero link and when you arrive at Kisoro airstrip you will transfer to the park, check into your lodge and in the evening you will have dinner and stay overnight.
- Accommodation is got from: Luxury: Chameleon Hill Lodge, Midrange: Lake Mulehe Gorilla Lodge, and Budget: Rushaga Gorilla Camp
- Meal plan: half board (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Day 2: mountain gorilla habituation experience
- mountain gorilla habituation experience: On the 2nd day of the safari, after early morning breakfast you will meet your safari driver transfer to the headquarters of Bwindi for briefing, in the briefing a senior range will read you rules and regulations to follow while in the presence of mountain gorillas. At the park’s headquarters you will be group into 4 and head in the forests in search for Rushaga gorilla family where mountain gorilla habituation experience is offered. When you find this gorilla family you have 4 hours to be in presence of mountain gorillas, on mountain gorilla habituation experience you are accompanied by researchers which gives you an opportunity to get answers to all your questions about mountain gorillas. You will also get a chance to feed the gorillas as per the instructions of the ranger guide and also take amazing pictures, when four hours get done you will trek back to the headquarters and drive to your lodge. in the evening you will have dinner and stay overnight.
- Note: you go with your packed lunch on the experience
- Meal plan: full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Day 3: fly back to Kampala from either kihihi/kisoro airstrip
- fly back to Kampala from either kihihi/kisoro airstrip: On the 3rd and last day of the safari you will have morning breakfast, checkout of your and transfer to kihihi airstrip for your departure flight to either Kajjansi airstrip or Entebbe international airport, domestic flights from Bwindi impenetrable national park to Entebbe international airport or Kajjansi airstrip are offered by aero link. When you arrive at Entebbe airport you can have a short walk in Entebbe town visiting some beaches for a swim as you wait for your departure flight back home.
- Meal plan: (half board) breakfast and lunch
End of safari
- 4 hours gorilla habituation experience
- Accommodation as indicated by the itinerary
- Delicious meals as per the meal plan meals
- Bottled drinking water in the vehicle
- Services of a good experienced English speaking tour guide/driver
- Transport on tour as well as hotel transfers in safari land cruisers
- Tips for drivers and waiters
- Flight tickets and departure taxes
- Travel and medical insurance
- Optional activities
- Beverages other than mineral water in the vehicle
- extra accommodation before and after the safari