2 Days Mount Nyiragongo
2 Days Mount Nyiragongo safari is the ideal package for the adventurous and energetic travellers as you will need experience and zeal to be able to complete this tour. This is a hike up Mount Nyiragongo to the world’s largest crater lake.
Highlights of the 2 Days Mount Nyiragongo safari
- Day 1: Meet at Goma and hike up Nyiragongo
- Day 2: Descend Nyiragongo and Transfer back to Kigali
Day 1: Meet at Goma and hike up Nyiragongo hike.
- Nyiragongo hike: Leave Gisenyi and connect to Grande barrier by 7 am to check in with the tourism office and receive your Nyiragongo hike permit and join the convoy headed to the trailhead of the hike. Receive a briefing at Bukima Police post, hire porters and hiking sticks and set uphill. This is a 5-hour hike uphill with two stopovers to refresh and rest. You will arrive at the summit in the early evening hours where you can enjoy the breathtaking views of the boiling lava and Goma city in the back. Have dinner and retire back to shelters for an overnight stay.
Day 2: Descend Nyiragongo and Transfer back to Kigali
- Descend Nyiragongo: Wake up early and enjoy the sunrise at the top of the volcano. Have a simple breakfast and set out to descend the volcano reaching back at the starting point by around midday and drive back to Goma and exit DRCongo and connect back to Rwanda.
- Return to Kigali: Have lunch at Gisenyi at the shores of Lake Kivu and connect to Kigali for drop off. You may have a brief city tour of Kigali before you part ways with your driver-guide.
End of the 2 Days Mount Nyiragongo safari