3 Days Mountain Gorilla Habituation safari
3 days mountain gorilla habituation safari is a typically habituation safari offering a great experience and more time with mountain gorillas in Bwindi impenetrable national park, Bwindi impenetrable national park is a recognized home for a large population of mountain gorillas in the world. Mountain gorilla habituation experience in Bwindi impenetrable national park is done in Rushaga gorilla family and it is the only place in the world where you get to experience this safari activity.
Highlights of the 3 Days Mountain Gorilla Habituation safari
- Day 1: transfer from Kampala to Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Day 2: mountain gorilla habituation experience
- Day 3: transfer back to Kampala
Detailed itinerary of the safari
Day 1: transfer from Kampala to Bwindi impenetrable national park
- transfer from Kampala to Bwindi: On the 1st day of the safari you will be picked up from your lodge after early morning breakfast by your safari driver, checkout of your hotel and by 6:00 am you will set off for Bwindi impenetrable national park. on your way you will have a stopover at the Equator landmark for pictures and buying souvenirs, another stopover will be made in Mbarara for lunch and the proceed to kisoro where you will enjoy scenic views of green rolling hills. When you get to Bwindi impenetrable national park you will check into your lodge and in the evening you will have dinner and stay overnight.
- Accommodation is got from: Luxury: Chameleon Hill Lodge, Midrange: Lake Mulehe Gorilla Lodge, and Budget: Rushaga Gorilla Camp
- Meal plan: half board (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Day 2: Mountain Gorilla habituation experience
- Mountain Gorilla habituation experience: On the 2nd day of the safari you will wake up early in the morning for breakfast, with your packed lunch you will drive to the park’s headquarters for briefing where dos and don’ts to follow while on this safari will be read to you by a senior ranger. You will be grouped into 4 individuals and then trek into the forests of Bwindi impenetrable national park in search for mountain gorillas, mountain gorilla habituation offers 4 hours in the presence of mountain gorillas, in these fours you will be in presence the amazing mountain gorillas with researchers giving you an opportunity to get to know more about the mountain gorillas by getting your questions answered by the researchers. You also get to spot mountain gorillas’ behavior for example their sleeping pattern, hunting techniques, breast feeding and take amazing pictures. After 4 hours you will trek back to the park’s headquarters and drive back to your lodge and in the evening you will have dinner and stay overnight.
- Meal plan: full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Day 3: Transfer back to Kampala
- Transfer back to Kampala: On the 3rd and last day of the safari you will have early morning breakfast, checkout of your lodge and set off for your drive back to Kampala, on your way back you will enjoy views of the grass and terraced escarpments of south western Ugandae refered to as the Switzerland of Africa. You will have en-route lunch in Mbarara town and you will be in Kampala in evening and you will be dropped at your hotel or at Entebbe international airport for your departure flight.
End of 3 Days Mountain Gorilla Habituation safari
- 4 hours gorilla habituation experience
- Accommodation as indicated by the itinerary
- Delicious meals as per the meal plan meals
- Bottled drinking water in the vehicle
- Services of a good experienced English speaking tour guide/driver
- Transport on tour as well as hotel transfers in safari land cruisers
- Tips for drivers and waiters
- Flight tickets and departure taxes
- Travel and medical insurance
- Optional activities
- Beverages other than mineral water in the vehicle
- extra accommodation before and after the safari