Golden Monkey Trekking Guide in Rwanda
Golden monkey trekking in Rwanda is among the memorable activities that tourists will ensure that you have an amazing time during your Rwanda Safaris. Golden monkey trekking in Rwanda can be carried out in Volcanoes National Park where they will get to see a number of attractions including the endangered mountain gorillas which can be seen when they carry out gorilla trekking in the park, other activities that can be carried out in the park include hiking the virunga mountains, birding along the different virunga mountains, nature walks, visiting Dian Fossey’s grave among other activities but among the different activities in the park, golden monkey trekking is the most rewarding activity that tourists can participate in for memorable safaris because of the different attractions and rewarding experiences that can be seen during the activity.
WHERE TO FIND THE GOLDEN MONKEYS IN RWANDA
For a tourist interested in carrying out golden monkey trekking in Rwanda, they can access the different habituated troops along the different virunga mountains in the park like Mount Sabyinyo, Mount Muhabura, Mount Gahinga, Mount Karisimbi and Mount Bisoke where you can find the habituated golden monkey troops.
Golden monkey trekking involves tourist hiking the different Virunga Mountains where they will get to see and spend time with the golden monkeys observing their behavior in the park and with the help of the guide will ensure that you have an amazing time in the park where you will get to know more about the primates, for instance, their feeding patterns like how they feed on small creature like termites, caterpillars, they can also be seen eating bamboo shoots, they can also be seen eating edible leaves and roots.
The existence with one another you will also get to see a number of other interesting facts about the golden monkeys like their co-existence with one another and so on. During the activity, you will also get the chance to see a number of attractions include the numerous bird species like Rwenzori Batis, Dusky turtle love, paradise flycatcher, double collared sunbird, marsh harrier, long-crested eagle handsome Francolin Ruwenzori turaco, you will also get to see exceptional views of Lake kivu, the twin Lakes of Burera and Ruhondo, you will a common moorhen Ruwenzori night jar, the dusky crimson wing, red-faced woodland warbler archer’s ground robin, African Rwenzori grey throated tit, you will also get to see Dian Fossey’s grave among other attractions that can be seen during golden monkey trekking in the park which will make your Rwanda Safaris memorable.
- Hiking boots to make the virunga mountains hike comfortably to get to the different habituated golden monkey troops.
- Insect repellent should also be parked during golden monkey trekking to avoid being bitten by a number of disease-spreading insects like mosquitoes, black flies, tsetse flies among other insects.
- A camera should also be carried which will enable you to take pictures of the primates during Golden monkey trekking for memorable experiences in the park.
- Rain jacket for the ever-changing weather which can disrupt your golden monkey trekking activity.
- Binoculars should also be carried although they are optional they will ensure that you get to see a number of bird species during the hike to the different habituated golden monkey troops.
GUIDELINES OF GOLDEN MONKEY TREKKING
- You should keep a distance of 7 metres away from the primates to avoid spreading diseases to the primates.
- You should avoid taking pictures of the primates by using flash mode when you get in contact with the golden monkeys because it will scare off the primates during golden monkey trekking.
- Avoid smoking during golden monkey trekking especially when you come in contact with the golden monkeys to avoid spreading diseases to the primates.
- Unnecessary movement in the presence of golden monkey troops should be avoided during golden monkey trekking to avoid scaring off the primates
- You should avoid making noise in the presence of the primates because it can scare them off
- You should avoid littering in the park to avoid accidents like choking the primates.
- You should not feed the primates any packed food during golden monkey trekking to avoid contracting diseases to the primates.
- Tourists under the age of 15 years should not participate in golden monkey trekking
- Avoid eating in the presence of the golden monkeys during golden monkey trekking to avoid spreading diseases to the primates.
In order to participate in gorilla trekking in Rwanda, a tourist should obtain a gorilla trekking permit in order to have an amazing time during the activity. A gorilla trekking permit in Rwanda can be obtained from the Rwanda Development Board the tourism board of the country or through a trusted tour company like explore Rwanda tour at a fee of 1500USD and because only 8 people are allowed to track a given gorilla family in the park they should book in advance in order to take part in gorilla trekking in volcanoes national