Nyiragongo Packing List
Nyiragongo packing list entails all the necessary gears that one requires in order to carry of a successful hike to the Nyiragongo mountain. below are some list of the the top requirements to hike Nyiragongo mountains
- You will need walking shoes; you can have hiking shoes as well. Make sure these are comfortable.
- Carry warm clothes more so needed when you reach the summit. You may need two layers of clothes every time.
- The rain gear is important if not a must. Make it a light weight rain jacket
- The hat and the Sun screen: this is mainly protecting you from Sun protection.
- The head lamp/ Light: There is definitely no electricity at the top and so you need this to move you around.
- You will need a camera to capture the beautiful moments and scenery.
- Portable chargers: Since there is no electricity, you will need this to charge your mobile device that’s if you need them.
- A treated mosquito net since you are sleeping in an open area.
- You need passport photos for you Visa and any other thing, so carry some.
- The first aid kits
- You many need a rechargeable torch or light for you tent or hut.
- This is a tropical area and you will need an insect repellant cream to shield you from the many insects and mosquitos.
- You will need a good hat; this will protect you from the strong sun rays.
- You will need a good camera for both still photography and some videography, this is key for this safari as it almost depends on this.
- You will need a good LED lighting torch since there is no electricity at the top and you will need to move around at night.
- You will need a pair of binoculars since some of the things need zooming in, as for bird watchers, this is key.
- A French dictionary is a necessity as most people here speak French. A Swahili one can also do.